Ok – a lot of people don’t really get what PR is, or why they need it. We hear a lot of, “people already know about us,” or “we advertise regularly.” So – why PR?
Well, it’s third party credibility – when you read a magazine, or peruse an outlet online, are you reading for the ads, or the articles? Chances are, it’s the articles you’re reading, saving, sharing. The validation of an established, esteemed media channel writing about you can last years. Literally. Oh, and it has a handy way of boosting credibility, brand awareness, site traffic, and sales.
- Public relations. We specialize in getting high-end, niche companies heard and seen, by securing relevant and valuable editorial features in media outlets.
- Curate outreach for each client, by connecting with editors, writers, and reporters individually. For real.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients – many of whom we’ve worked with for years.
- Believe in having fun. Professional doesn’t have to mean robotic. There are real people on the other end of that email. We are real people. Chances are, you are, too.
- Respond. Always.
- Listen. A rather large communication problem is listening simply to reply. We listen to understand.
- Distribute pitches en masse. “Dear Colleague”… um, no.
- Hang our hat on the dreaded press release. (When was the last time you read one?)
- Work with a client if we don’t believe in them or their product/service. Sorry, sometimes we have to say no.
- Make promises we can’t keep.
- Do advertising.